Great Western’s Great News for Delegates
Delegates attending conferences at Swansea University are entitled to a 20% discount on train travel with Great Western Railway when tickets are booked in advance.
Swansea railway station is in easy reach of both University campuses, with the number 10 bus service directly linking both Singleton and Bay Campuses to the station.
The generous discount, which is exclusive to GWR trains, can be used in conjunction with any other railcards or discounts you may already be entitled to. The offer is also available for travel the week your conference takes place – great news for those wanting to take more time to explore Swansea beyond the conference itinerary.
The offer is a 20% reduction in Advance Purchase fares which are available on most GWR mid and long distance routes and must be redeemed here.
Terms and conditions:
- The Open Days GWR travel offer is available for travel on GWR services only. If travelling from, or within, a region of the country that is not part of the GWR network you may need to purchase separate tickets to the chosen destination.
- The destination must be relevant to the University you have received the link from, i.e. Swansea Railway Station for Swansea University.
- The origin of journey must be within the GWR network, but please note that Advance Purchase tickets are not available for short distance journeys.
- The scheme is only available for use with Advance Purchase These set times and dates of travel and are non-exchangeable and non-refundable.
- The Open Days GWR travel offer is available for the dates provided by each university and the week that the event takes place, running Saturday to the next Sunday. So stay for more than a day to get a feel for the local scene.
- The scheme is combinable with a Railcard. Simply tick the box on the page by “Passengers” and select from the drop down box.
- The URL is unique to Swansea University and cannot be used for destinations other than specified.